Sunday, July 13, 2008

Announcing...BATMAN WEEK



So its almost here! After a lengthy wait, this week will see the release of The Dark Knight, which is probably the most heavily hyped blockbuster since The Lord of the Rings.

In celebration of the release, I'm declaring Batman week here on the blog. All this week I'm going back and watching older Batman films to analyze how they dealt with the Joker and Two Face. Here's the tentative schedule depending on how lucky I get at the video store:

Monday: Batman (1989, dir. Tim Burton)
Tuesday: Batman: The Movie (1966, dir.Leslie H. Martinson)
Wednesday: Batman Forever (1995, dir. Joel Schumacher)
Thursday: Batman Begins (2005, dir. Christopher Nolan)
And hopefully I'll be seeing The Dark Knight at midnight

I haven't seen any of these films in a long time (except Batman Begins), so I'm curious to go back and look at them. However, my somewhat faded memory is that all of them have some big problems. But we shall see!

No comments: